Read the following instructions to keep your Oriflamme Fire Table in the best possible condition.
GRANITE TABLE MAINTENANCE
Granite is a dense, coarse-grained stone and one of the hardest materials on earth. Its luster, hardness, colors and variations are all indications of the stone’s mineral composition and origin. Most have pits or fissures that are inherent to the stone and are part of its rich natural texture and beauty.
GENERAL FACTS ABOUT GRANITE:
- The granite table top can only be scratched by another piece of granite or by a diamond when properly sealed and maintained.
- The granite table top is completely heat resistant and can withstand temperatures upwards of 1800 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To prevent staining and scratches, use a granite sealer as per the MFG recommendations. Be sure to wipe up spills immediately. When the granite is wet, it may appear darker.
- The pits and fissures are random pronounced markings common to some stones and cannot be removed during fabrication.
MAINTAINING THE GRANITE:
Upon receiving your new granite table you will want to seal it with a granite sealer found at your local hardware store. It is recommended that it be sealed at the beginning and end of the season thereafter.
- Use a mild soap and water or a professional natural stone cleaner for daily use.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- To ensure the beauty of your granite table top, it should be sealed twice a year.
SAVANNA STONE & TUSCAN STONE MAINTENANCE
The Tuscan stone top achieves the appearance of real stone with the use of Century Stone natural iron oxides and quartz concrete overlay.
Each table is hand stained using iron oxides. These oxides are water based colorants, not solid colors like paints. The oxides mixed with water and applied by hand give the table a “natural” look.
Colors will vary from table to table because the stain is translucent and texture varies because each table is hand troweled. Please be aware that the “tone” of the color will be the same, but the exact shade may vary. Different texture surfaces may also affect table colors. We cannot guarantee a match to any existing table or sample. Our goal is to “complement or blend” the chosen color or sample and assure you the best quality table.
- Do not place anything with a “rubber compound” on the table. This can permanently mark the surface.
- Place a tray under all potted plants. Oxides and minerals in pots and soil can discolor the table top.
- To ensure complete protection for your Tuscan table top, we recommend the full cover available for purchase.
MAINTAINING THE TUSCAN STONE:
Upon receiving your new table you will want to seal it with a stone sealer found at your local hardware store. It is recommended that it be sealed at the beginning and end of the season thereafter.
- Wipe down table top regularly with a damp cloth.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Use “Simple Green®” or a natural citrus cleaner and sponge for difficult areas.
- Use “Dawn®” dishwashing liquid and water for grease or oil spots.
- Use “Mr. Clean Magic Eraser®” for small, hard to clean areas.
HAMMERED COPPER MAINTENANCE:
- Copper is mined and extruded into copper sheets
- Sheets are shaped and hammered with a dark acid-etched finish applied
- Tops can be formed onto outdoor substrates
- 18 gauge copper is used
- Special finish is applied to maintain patina
MAINTAINING THE HAMMERED COPPER:
Upon receiving your new hammered copper table seal it with a carnauba wax found at your local hardware store. It is recommended that the table is sealed right away and again in the beginning and end of the season too.
- Top requires regular wiping with water or mild soapy water with soft cloth
- Vinegar, cleaners that contain acid abrasive cleaners or furniture polish should NOT be used