FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN EXPLOSION OR FIRE THAT MAY CAUSE PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH
- Read the instructions provided thoroughly before installing and operating your Oriflamme Fire Table.
- Improper installation, adjustment, alteration, service, or maintenance can cause property damage, personal injury, and or death.
- CODE AND SUPPLY REQUIREMENTS: The Oriflamme Fire Table must be installed in accordance with local codes and ordinances, or in the absence of local codes, with the National Fuel Gas Code , ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54 or the International Fuel Gas Code.
- The maximum inlet gas supply pressure for propane is 11.0 inches water column to 13.0 inches water column. The maximum input rate is 75,000 BTUs.
- FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY. This unit must be installed at least 60” from center of burner to any combustible walls or material.
- After connecting the gas line, a small amount of air will be in the line. When first lighting the burner, it will take a few seconds for the line to purge itself of the air. Once the purging is complete, the burner will light and operate as indicated in the instruction manual.
- The Oriflamme Fire Table is designed as an “attended appliance”. Adults must be present when the unit is operating. Do NOT leave this unit burning when unattended. If this product is left burning unattended it may cause damage or serious injury.
- Alert adults and supervise children who will be in the area of the table and take necessary precautions as with any open flame or hot surfaces.
- Do not use this appliance if any part has been under water. Immediately call a qualified service technician to inspect the Oriflamme Fire Table and to replace any part of the control system and any gas control which has been under water.
- Oriflamme Fire Table should be used ONLY OUTDOORS in a well ventilated area.
- Keep the area around your Oriflamme Fire Table free and clear of from combustible materials, gasoline, lighters, and other flammable vapors and liquids.
- This unit is NOT for use with solid fuel.
- The burner must be replaced by an approved Oriflamme Fire Table burner prior to the appliance being put into operation if it is evident that the burner is damaged.
- When NOT IN USE the control valve MUST be turned off. Rotate right to turn off and rotate left to turn on.
- Inspect valve connections, port and regulator assembly. Look for any damage and remove any debris.
- Inspect the propane fuel supply connection before each use of your Oriflamme Fire Table.
- It is IMPERATIVE the control valve, burner, venture, and circulating air passageways of your Oriflamme Fire Table are kept clean and free of debris.
- Check tank valve features to ensure proper external mating threads.
- If it is evident there is excessive abrasion or wear to the hose or it is cut, the hose must be replaced before use.
- Replacement hose, pressure regulator, and tank must be those specified to your Oriflamme Fire Table.
NATURAL GAS Installation
CAUTION: NATURAL GAS INSTALLATIONS, OTHER MODIFICATIONS AND REPAIRS MUST BE DONE BY A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
- Do not try to light any appliance.
- Do not touch any electrical switch; do not use any phone in your building.
- Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor’s phone.
- Follow the gas supplier’s instructions.
- If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
FOR NATURAL GAS:
The minimum inlet gas supply pressure for purposes of input adjustment is 7 inches water column and maximum inlet gas supply pressure is 10.5 inches water column. Maximum input rate is 80,000 BTU/Hr.
DO NOT USE IF GAS PRESSURE IS LOWER THAN THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT OR EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM.
- Gas piping system must be sized to provide minimum inlet pressure at the maximum flow rate (BTU/hr). Undue pressure loss will occur if the pipe is too small or the run is too long.
- For appliances for fixed fuel piping system and equipped with an appliance gas pressure regulator, the appliance and its individual shutoff valve must be disconnected from the gas supply piping system during any pressure testing of that system at test pressures in excess of 1/2 psi (3.5 kPa).
- The appliance must be isolated from the gas supply piping system by closing its individual manual shutoff valve during any pressure testing of the gas supply piping system at test pressures equal to or less than 1/2 psi (3.5 kPa).
- For installations at elevations above 2000 ft. contact your local dealer or gas supplier before installing as input rating should be reduced approximately 4 % for each 1000 ft. above sea level. Refer to the National Fuel Gas Code. Contact the factory for the required orifice.
- The ORIFLAMME FIRE TABLE and its main gas valve must be disconnected from the gas supply piping system during any pressure testing of that system at test pressures in excess of ½ psig. This is accomplished by closing the gas supply line valve, as required by NFPA 54, section 5-54.
- The ORIFLAMME FIRE TABLE must be isolated from the gas supply piping system by closing its equipment shut-off valve during any pressure testing of the gas supply piping system at test pressures equal to or less that ½ psig.
- GAS SUPPLY PLUMBING REQUIREMENTS Apply only joint compounds that are resistant to all gasses on all male pipe fittings. Make sure to tighten every joint securely. Do not use pipe joint compound to connect flare fittings.
- SAFETY NOTE: An external on/off valve in the gas line is required for safety when your ORIFLAMME FIRE TABLE is not in use. It also provides for convenient maintenance and repair.